Note : Due to schedules conflict, the event venue will be set up at : Taipei City Daan District Office, Auditorium ( 10F, No. 86, Section 2, Xinsheng South Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106)
- The Taipei City Schools Cup Chess Team Championships is the team contest organized by Taipei Chess Association and Taipei European School.
- To promote team competition to foster sportsmanship and popularizing chess education in schools & communities.
- Organizer: Department of Sports, Taipei City Government
- Sponsors: Taipei Chess Association & Taipei European School
- Date of competition: 2017 Dec 3rd. (Sunday)
- Reception time: 9:00am till 9:30am ; Opening : 9:30am-9:40am official 1st Round: start from 9:40am
- Deadline for registration: Nov 30 , 2017
- Venue: Taipei City Daan District Office, Auditorium ( 10F, No. 86,
Section 2, Xinsheng South Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106)
- Playing Sections
|2.||Primary School TeamsA section: Advanced teams
B section: Development teams
|3||Junior High School Teams|
|4.||High School Teams|
10. Eligibility: For those who are studying at any public or private kindergarten, the primary / elementary, junior high, high school, university/college, and chess club, chess schools, and any chess fans can team up for fair competition.
(1). 3 players make a team.
Points earned by win-loss of players from each board. Black wins, black earns 1 point. White wins, white earns 1 point.
Black draws, black earns 0.5 point, vice versa. The sum of total points is to decide the team score can win or lose.
3 players are all from the same school preferred. Or otherwise inviting from outside different school will be allowed to encourage young players to foster their play and participation.
(2). Regulations are based upon FIDE chess law.
(3). Time control:
- 25 minutes, 10 seconds per move : For sections of Open, university/college, high school and junior high school teams, there will be 5 Rounds in total.
- 15 min per player without incremental time control. 7 Rounds in total for all the teams other than item 1 listed.
(4). Chief Arbiter: Christina Wang, FA (FIDE Arbiter) will be appointed.
8 to 10 arbiters will be also appointed for the competition.
12. Registration deadline: effective immediately to 2017 Nov 30, end of day.
13.Registration & Entry:
(1). Fill out the attachment form with details and send to Taipei Chess Association before deadlines. For consultation service, please call :
Tel: (02)2709-2979 Taipei Chess Association main line.
(2). Entry fee: NT$1500 per team. Free lunch box included.
Fee is collected by on site.
14. Awards; The top 3 teams in each section will be awarded by trophy and certificate. Top 4 to 6 places will be awarded by medal and certificate for those sections which will be more than 8 teams registered.
(1). On time check in is required. (2). Game forfeits while false play discovered.
16. Organizer is eligible to set up rules excludes in above-mentioned; however, pre-approval from Department of Sports, Taipei City Government must be required.
| 2017 Taipei Schools Cup Chess Team Championship Registration Form
|Name of Team|
|Name of School|
|Captain||(once decide, no change/replacement allowed)|
|Contact person||Tel: Mobile:
|Remarks||1. Please complete the registration form before deadline, Nov.30, End of Day.2. Tel service: (02)27092979
3. e-mail registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Registration: www.chesssassociation.taipei
4. Registration fee: NT$1500 per team, pay on site is
Categories: Taipei Chess Association Tournament